Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Crash, Bang, wallop

Hi Everyone,

thought I had better check in and say Happy New Year to you all. We had a lovely Christmas, time spent with family and friends is always precious. I had both my boys home which was wonderful but blink and its now all past and this year is stretching before me a blank canvas waiting to be painted :-)

I haven't been feeling very well since my gallbladder removal it took 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to go down and then I started to get a sore throat and then a chest infection and then to top it all I have been in intense pain with my ribs and the muscles in my side and they started to lock into spasm last week. A trip to hospital and another night stay turning out that I had a nasty virus and pulled muscles in between my ribs I cant tell you what the pain is like It stops you in your tracks. I have had both my hips corrected and that was painful but give me childbirth over this pain any day. I cant hoover or iron its taken all my effort to get up in the morning. I managed to take the dogs for a short walk yesterday ( Yes all 3 ) but then was left in chronic pain with my back to :-( Its so frustrating as I have so much that I want to do in the house but cant I am also supposed to be starting to volunteer in my local brainwave shop for a few hours on a Monday but that's on hold as well until I am feeling well enough.

Then on New Years Day I finely managed to get into the kitchen to prepare and cook a meal I moved the potatoes across the cooker top and turned them off then all hell broke loose. My 1950's glass wall cabinet decided to come off the wall above the cooker. It all happened so quickly I don't know if I stepped back but I must have done but the bloody cabinet caught my right arm and wrist as it came flying off the wall. I have a lovely bruise all the way down my arm and that aches to. But the worst thing of all lots of my lovely vintage items are no more :-( My cooker has been written off but there is a new one arriving today ( thanks to insurance ). I lost Taunton Vale canisters, plates, bowls my beautiful collection of 1950's drinking glasses, Tureens, Trifle bowls, Teapots, jugs and sugar bowl but the worst of all It smashed my pride and joy the lid on my 1950's American red plastic canisters that took me years to find I was so upset. Also my cabinet is no more either. My other half said I didn't make a noise but the noise that erupted by it flying off the wall my god It was terrible. Normally my girl Milly is right behind me to but she didn't move from her bed thank God. On reflection it could have been a lot worse I could have been hit by the cabinet or scolded by the boiling water as it was it was all material things that got damaged and I have to be thankful.





 
 
Out of everything that got damaged this upset me the most my 1950's American canister :-(

Friends have said that I can enjoy the hunt again for things but sadly some of those items I wont be able to find again its getting harder to find vintage goodies at good prices well in my part of the world it is. But its made me realise that I have to much anyway and probably needed to down size. But I will look out for a couple of things when funds allow.

I am sorry this post seems so gloomy I am hoping next time I check in 2015 will have started to get brighter :-)

Now its time to start to painting that blank canvas that is the new year :-)

Hoping 2015 will shine with wonderful memories for you all,

Love and Hugs Dee xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness ... poor you! At least you didn't get seriously hit by the cupboard or the boiling water. I guess you didn't get any dinner that day either!! I hope you feel much better soon. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Dee! Oh dear, it hasn't been a great few weeks for you, has it? Hopefully you're on the mend now and thank goodness you or one of the dogs weren't hurt in the cupboard disaster. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would say you were lucky not to have been killed! Why is it always the things we love that get broken... But as you said you came off lightly, and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, to lose your precious collection of vintage treasures on top of feeling poorly - I'm really sorry, Dee. I'd have been really upset too. But no one was hurt, and things can be replaced, even though it might take a while to do so. The year can only get better, my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dee, it all sounds utterly crap. You must look on the bright side that your cupboard didn't do more damage than it did. And no hoovering and ironing sounds quite good! Things can only get better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dee poor you. I have pulled the same muscles myself and even though it was years ago I can still remember the pain, I couldn't even stand up straight so I do symapthise totally. I hope you feel better very soon.

    Your poor kitchen, I'm so sorry about that. Here's hoping you find some lovely new treasures to replace what you have lost. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dee, things can only get better. The muscle problem sounds like what I had in my neck, just couldn't move. Your right 2015 is a blank canvas, for us both.
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear, sweet Dee,
    firstly I am so sorry to hear about the disastrous goings-on in your kitchen. I completely understand how you feel about losing all of your special bits - I would've been very upset too. I'm also sorry that you haven't been well of late - from where I sit you sound like such a cheerful, busy little bee - I hope by the time you read this you are on the mend and feeling more positive.
    Secondly, thanks for leaving comments over at mine - it has been lovely to reconnect with you (I wasn't sure where to find you). I'm so happy we're back in touch x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dee,

    Oh dear, 2015 has started with a bang but not really the kind that one would wish for. It is so depressing to have your vintage treasures damaged after such a long time in tracking them down but the accident could have been much more serious and for that one has to be grateful.

    We are so sorry too that your health is not good. The world closes in when one is not well and everything, even the smallest thing, seems to need a superhuman effort to complete. We do so hope that you will be better soon. You have so many wonderfully creative ideas and projects in your head that it must be so frustrating not to be able to get on with them.

    Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such a kind comment to us. We wish you and your family peace, joy and success.......and good health of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to see your beautiful things all broken. I have to confess that I went to critically assess our own wall unit which is filled with china after reading about your rotten luck.

    ReplyDelete