Monday, 13 January 2014

New year new Vintage goodies

Hi Everyone,


I thought I would just pop into blogland and say hello and wish you all a Happy New Year . It has been a few weeks again since I was last here and I have lots to catch up with. I have decided for now to maybe write once a week and see how it goes and catch up with everyone once a week to. Gorgeous Vic's from Vixen Vintage blog said something to me about when you collect vintage your house will never be finished and she is so very right so I feel that I do still have something to share with you and maybe to talk about. My Kitchen is very nearly finished so will reveal all in my next post but thought I would share for now my vintage finds so far this year :-)


I found this little beauty after Christmas they were the last vintage buy of 2013 for me, 2 bambi's for the price of 1 i only paid £3 for them such a bargain :-)



This fabulous 60's bread bin was a real bargain so far this year 50p i know completely mad isn't it :-) It is now home to the crisps.




These 50's pink plastic desert bowls were an ebay buy and i did pay a fair bit for them but i loved them and they were great to serve the trifle in at Christmas.



As you know i collect Taunton Vale items this Cheese dish was another ebay buy and i did pay a whopping £16 plus postage which is a lot for me to pay for something but its a product that i have never seen or been able to find so with some christmas money it came to live with me.


And talking of Taunton Vale what do you think of this fabulous book stand ;-) Again an item that i had never seen before so a bid on ebay secured it at £15 i couldn't not have it could i ;-)

And my vintage cook books sit very nicely in it.


I fell in love with this little chap in a charity shop he is from the 50's an egg timer and he still works isn't he cute :-)


Homepride Fred flower shaker  50p has seen better days and he was filthy when i found him but after a good clean  he is happy to have now found his forever home :-)


My lovely friend Karen bought me this little chap to add to my collection at my last fair in December.


And i just happened to buy these little poodle salt and pepper pots from the fair in December to ;-)

I have the bug back now and i can't wait to go on some more treasure hunts soon. I am doing my first fair next month at St Andrews Church House, Cheddar on Saturday 15th February at The Roxy Vintage and Handmade fair  it will be their first one to be held there. I will be taking these two lovely items with me...


A gorgeous 1950's yellow and cream picnic set ( dont know how i can part with it) and push along Donkey will be looking for his forever home :-)

After our christmas fair in December Homes&Antiques magazine gave us a lovely write up on their webpage and also shared the link on their facebook page. It can be found here  http://www.homesandantiques.com/feature/dee-dee%E2%80%99s-vintage-handmade-christmas-fair-trull-somerset  Even Midi got into the photo :-)

Have a lovely week everyone i will be catching up with you all very soon,

Hugs dee xx

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, gorgeous! Hope your're all ok. Top finds as ever. Vix is dead right...I don't think we'll ever stop and our houses will always be evolving! My gran had a similar book stand and I can honestly say I've never seen one since. Brilliant design I think and you know I love a bit of Taunton Vale. Nice one on the flour shaker..they go for stupid money at fairs. We had one of those as well! Good luck with the fair, not that you'll need it, and if I was there, I'd give that chap a new home.
    Talk soon.
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow some great finds! I love the cheese dish and book stand x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have an eye for EXTRA CUTE! That egg timer is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I don't know what I'd do with myself if my house was ever finished. Well done on your good finds and the lovely write up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Dee! Hope it will a lovely one for you and your little brood. All your treasures look great. I particularly like those pink plastic bowls, such a great colour. Good luck with the fairs. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, gorgeous!
    Argh, it's true, it's never finished!!! I've only JUST allowed myself to start collecting kitchen stuff too......
    I love that cheese dish best of all! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely write-up Dee, well deserved I'm sure, and that pic (of the THREE of you!) is gorgeous. Happy 2014 - I hope it's kind to you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you! Great vintage finds! My fave are those cute pink bowls.
    Have a fab day! xx Tani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely things Dee
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finds Dee. I love everything.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dee: I was thinking about you the other day. My wife and I were watching a TV show called "Pawn Stars" and they were featuring items from the 1950s. I don't know if you get to view it in the UK, but you would love it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, my gorgeous Dee.
    Thank you for not forgeting me.
    Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dee, it's nice to see a post from you!
    It's true, our homes are always evolving - but that's part of the fun, right?!
    Great bread bin, and that Taunton Vale book stand is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello !! I have just found you ! Have fallen in love with your kitchen and greyhounds equally !! A friend keeps retired greyhounds, they are so gentle......beautiful ! X

    ReplyDelete