Monday, 22 April 2013

Vintage tastic Bedroom make over

Hi Everyone,

thank you for those of you that have now found me its great to see you here and thank you for your comments about my kitchen make over. Its still changing and I have bought some lovely more vintage goodies to go in there since my last post. But this week I thought I would show you the bedroom makeover. For those of you that have followed me for the past few years will know that I have been slowly transforming my home into everything vintage from the 50'-70's. This time it was finely the bedroom's turn. I found 3 rolls of 70s' wall paper a few months ago and during the Easter break my other half put it up for me and changed the walls from cream to peach with the back of our bed wall being the feature wall for the paper.

Sadly I thought I had a before photo stalled on my laptop but it seems to have gone for a walk. So I will just have to show you the after photo.

It now looks bold, beautiful and fresh well of course I am biased as its mine :-) The 70's wall paper went up a treat so the other half told me ;-)

I made a seat pad for my 50's blanket box from one of my 70's vintage sheets. I just took a piece of foam and cut it to size and then made a giant size envelope cushion cover so it can be taken off to wash it. I took away the 70' pink flower curtains that I had and replaced them with a cream blind and some white netting as anything else would have been to much with the wallpaper. I kept the pink candlewick bedspread and the double size crochet blanket I had made as I think all the colours work well.

I moved my dressing table away from the side of the bed and it now sits directly opposite along with a 70's mirror and my little collection of 60's Strev and Constance prints.

My little 50's Kitsch kittens from my lovely friend Karen sit on top of my dressing table and make me smile each time I see them.

I love my 60's Strev pictures these sit on my bedroom wall,

More Strev and my 2 little Constance prints. Just another selection of one of my collections ;-)

I have so many things to share with you I have had some great vintage finds just lately and all bright and beautiful I will just share a few more kitchen finds and then save my living room finds for next week.

A 70's Tomato spice jar rack in its box now hanging on my kitchen wall. A vintage clock which works and a 50's deer barometer all this little lot set me back was £5 :-)

And just look at all those wonderful patterns ;-) The red 60s casserole pot cost me £4 such a bargain. The green flower canister is by Crown Devon. The 60's biscuit tin cost me £3 and the funky and fun 60's/70's cheese board was complete with its knife £3 again a few special finds the past few weeks and for once I didn't have to pay over the odds for them :-)

And that is it I will leave you hopefully smiling with all those yummy colour's and Retro Tastic designs ;-)

I will be catching up with you all tomorrow.

Take lots of care

Hugs dee xx

21 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Here you are. Loads of gorgeous things as ever. I do love that wallpaper it's so striking. It looks fab.
    Can't wait to see more of your finds. Catch up soon.
    Em
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deevine Bedroom!
    Found you....and joined...
    Daiy j x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart. Your house looks gorgeous.
    The bottom right hand picture (Stev Picture top one) of the little girl in the yellow hat and red bow with the kitten I had as a birthday card when I was about ten from from my nanny and grandad. Shhhh! I was ten in 1966!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab! Great to meet you on Sat at Frome. Hope you managed to find some goodies and so glad Tina found a good home with your friend! M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dee,

    Wow you have been a busy bee! Blimey, A kitchen makeover and a bedroom makeover! They are both a truimph of imagnation and vintage findings! I love the red units in your kitchen they really do pull it altogether. And am loving your recent finds too the red cooking pot above is really lovely.

    Glad to see you blogging again, I can well imagine how hard it must of been to pull the plug on your old blog, but onwards and upwards and look forward to seeing more of your makeovers!


    P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wallpaper's looking great! And your groovy finds are very cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dee,your bedroom is looking fab..and how funny we both have the same 50's cat! I'll have to look out for a mate for mine now.
    I thought of you when i was in Lewes,as I saw a lovely larder cupboard just like yours.
    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    Bellaboo X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is looking gorgeous Dee, it is so obvious that you decorate it with love and happiness and it's so nice that you do it all together, you and your other half. That's what makes a home.

    All that lovely colour and pattern has left me smiling, so thank you for that. Have a great week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of your kitchen finds. Where do you find all these beauties!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful makeover! I know I would have so much fun pouring over the lovely things in your home. How funny that I bought a gold deer barometer/vase thing last week too! I love the colourful kitchen bits & pieces too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That wallpaper is FANTASTIC!!! I absolutely love it. And the kitchen canisters ROCK MY WORLD. I need more storage/display space!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, homely, pretty and unique and full of colour and beauty, just like you! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness the wallpaper looks so good, you guys are amazing!!!!! The kitty cats made me smile to.......and you duchess is fabulous.
    Yay to finding more kitchen treasures.
    love V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bedroom makeover is fabulous, Dee, and all your kitchen treasures look so colourful and fun. Just lovely. Hope your vintage selling is still going well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dee, everything looks great.
    Sending you a hug,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you! Your house looks amazing! Wow that wallpaper is awesome. I have quite a lot stashed up, but I've not been bold enough yet to put it up. (plus I just don't have time for that type of thing right now!!) Love your kitchen cabinets and your new finds! Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for your comments. They are a treasure, jut like you.
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. The "Inspired Home" and the "Kitchen" photos look the the home I grew up in. Great memories. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pleased that I've found you again and that you are back in blogland.
    Cor, you two have been busy! Looking lovely and homely.
    Those 50s kitties are so cute and the deer barometer. ?.wow, what a find!
    Big hugs to you hun!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it all, you've been so productive. Your bedroom is lovely, it's great to use old wallpaper.
    I love all the little psychedelic touches too! So pleased you're back! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi my friend...I love your new blog and all the goodies you share. Happy collecting. xo
    ps...love the wallpaper in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete